About this course
Jämtland is a county in the Northern parts of Sweden, close to the Norwegian border. The majority of tunes in the course are Polskas, and most are Lapp-Nils Polskas. He was Saami and his real name was Nils Jonsson (1804-1870), he influenced the traditional fiddle music from Jämtland more than anyone else. In this course, Kjell-Erik goes through the Jämt-style of play in Polska, Waltz, Schottis, and Snoa. He teaches melodies, second voices, and how to "Kompa", to accompany tunes with chords and rhythm on the fiddle.
Get into the mood of these tunes, springing out of the rolling mountains, deep forests, rivers, and lakes of the beautiful Jämtland, Sweden.
Browse the 24 lessons
- Introduction to Jämtland
- Lapp-Nils polska e Per K. Viksten
- 2nd Voice - Lapp-Nils polska e Per K. Viksten
- Vals efter Algot Kvarnlöf
- How to comp a Waltz
- Lapp-Nils polska efter Per Eriksson
- 2nd Voice - Lapp-Nils polska efter Per Eriksson
- Lapp-Nils polska e Pål Nilsson
- Flygarpolskan e Per K. Viksten
- 2nd Voice - Flygarpolskan e Per K. Viksten
- Polska efter Mikael Rapp
- Erik Ersa-schottis
- Comp for Schottis
- Lapp-Jo låten e Ante Falk
- Polska #2 efter Mikael Rapp
- Fjällvinden av Allan Bengtsson
- Lapp-Nils Vals e Kristian Oskarsson
- 2nd Voice - Lapp-Nils Vals e Kristian Oskarsson
- Comp For Lapp-Nils Vals e Kristian Oskarsson
About the Fiddle
About Kjell-Erik Eriksson
The best online
On the Folk Music Academy, you will be able to learn folk music in online video masterclasses taught by some of the best traditional musicians around.
Our courses are taught by some of the very best musicians and teachers. Every course contains high-quality video lessons shot from multiple angles, for an optimal learning experience.